I have been a little apprehensive about taking the kids to the beach by myself while Jason is at work. But today was our last day in California, and thought we'd go for it. We went to Refugio State Beach, only about 20 minutes South of Buellton on the 101. We were there two summers ago & remembered it has bathroom facilities, camping, and it's covered with park rangers. A lot of the shoreline has been lost to huge amounts of kelp and seaweed. This beach in particular has tons of rocks, way more than I remember. It was a bit cloudy still when we got there at 11:15, but within 45 minutes it was sunny and perfect, not to hot. The beach had tons of other families and since a majority of the shoreline was covered in kelp, everyone was squeezed together and I felt totally safe. Especially cause I knew the kids would not actually be swimming either. The end of the beach has a small point in it which makes it great for surfing & boogie boards. Probably two dozen kids on boogie boards and most had wet suits on. Lily and Charlie enjoyed just playing on the shoreline getting sandy and wet.





No comments:
Post a Comment